Are denial of service, intrusion detection, and hacking web servers your ideas for fun? If yes, then taking a career as an Information Security Professional or an Ethical Hacker will be the right choice. An ethical hacker is also known as a white hat hacker who works legally to control the vulnerabilities in a computer or a network. One can be in high demand at the organizational level by owning the professional certification- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
What is Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)?
CEH is an ethical hacker who determines the network vulnerabilities and takes preventive counter measures to avoid loss of data. A Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certificate issued by the International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council) certifies the information security skills of a professional. This credential is vendor neutral and globally accepted.
To whom it can benefit?
The course is significantly beneficial for individuals working as website administrators, security professionals, auditors, and professionals dealing with network infrastructure.
How to earn CEH?
The two ways offered by EC-Council to earn this certification are as follows:
- Accredited Training Center (ATC): One can attend a five- day online or on-site training program at any of the ATCs. At the completion, the candidate is eligible to attempt the web-based Prometric Prime Exam.
- Self-study: One can attempt for the exam by going through the provided self-study material and showing at least two years of information security related work experience, endorsed by the employer. If that is not the case, one can send the educational details along with a request for consideration.
How to apply?
The steps to apply for this certification are as follows:
- Complete the application form by getting your employer verification.
- Attach a copy of any government approved identification such as a passport.
- Submit the scanned copy of the form and documents.
- Remit a non-refundable eligibility application fee of 100.00 USD.
The approval from EC-Council generally takes two weeks.
Version 8 is the latest certificate provided as of late 2013.
Candidates, who go through the ATC mode of examination, appear for exam code 312-50. If the candidates go through the self – study route, they are eligible for exam EC0-350 at an Authorized Prometric Testing Centre (APTC).
The exam is comprised of 125 multiple choice questions. During the four-hour exam, candidates will scan, test, hack and secure their systems. Candidates must secure 70 percent marks to come out with flying colors.
Once the candidate is certified, the welcome kit will reach after eight weeks.
Strengthen your resume with CEH certification!